Roasted Chicken With Pomegranate Essence
- 4 chicken thighs, rinsed and pat dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. In a large stove to oven pan, heat the olive oil and brown the chicken on all sides. Put it in the oven and roast until the juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Put the pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add the chicken stock and scrape up brown bits while bringing it to a boil.
Whisk in the pomegranate Essence and thyme leaves and cook until desired thickness is reached, about 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Arrange thighs on a serving platter. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with Vegetables.